Nov 15, 2008 7:00 PM ET
On TV: NESN
On the Radio: WBZ
@ NY Rangers (10-5-2)
- If you're a part of the official season ticket holder road trip, hopefully between y'all and me we'll chant something good during the game.
- If we win this game in regulation, we're 3 games and one point behind the Rags for first in the East. If we lose, we could EASILY lose first place in the division if Buffalo beats Pittsburgh or Montreal beats the 5-6-4 Phlyers. What matters tonight, though, is playing the Rangers tonight.
- Patrice Bergeron is 1 point away from 200.
- bruins.nhl.com: The Fourth Line has been playing well.
- I'll be at this game. Sweet.
5 Questions with the Enemy:
Today's featured blogger is Scotty Hockey, of Scotty Hockey. I got to him late about this, and he was very quick to respond. Solid effort. Here's what he had to say:
1) Who has impressed you so far?
Colton Orr has been the most impressive Ranger this season in terms of improvement from last year. The goon that Boston tossed away a few years ago is gone and in his place is a hard-skating, grinder who is a successful part of the energy/shutdown line and yet can still kick your tough guy's ass. Also impressive has been the continuing development of some of the youths (Ryan Callahan, Brandon Dubinsky and Marc Staal) and Nik Zherdev's backchecking ability. Zherdev can pull off jaw-dropping offensive moves and yet works hard to be responsible in his own end. If he can stop his tendency to give up bad turnovers (much like Michal Rozsival and Wade Redden), the Rangers would be quite the dangerous team.
2) How do you feel about the All star voting so far?
I don't care about it. If I had my way, no Rangers would go. The time off would do them well in preparing for the second half of the season. But I wish your boy Tim Thomas good luck, he is a helluva netminder who has been disrespected by the NHL. I wouldn't be shocked if he starts for Team USA in 2010.
3) If Lundqvist went out, would you be as screwed as new jersey?
Not quite as screwed as them, but pretty damn close. King Henrik has been our rock behind a underachieving defensive corps.
4) How do you feel about your football teams being in new jersey?
Who cares? Football players are over-inflated crybabies who play one game a week. But since you mentioned football, how about that game on Thursday, huh? [Ed note: Yeah, we crushed the Habs. Jets? I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALA]
5) Predictions for tonight's game?
Ranger win, 4-2 and hopefully a humbling for your Cam Neely wannabe Lucic by Orrsie at center ice.
Thanks very much again to Scotty Hockey! Check out his blog for excellent Rangers (and general NHL) coverage!