Nov 12, 2008 8:30 PM ET
On TV: NESN
On the Radio: WBZ 1050
@ Chicago Blackhawks (7-3-3)
- We're holding a "Crash the Net for Thomas" tonight before the game from 7pm to 8pm. Join in here.
- The Blackhawks are on a hot streak right now. They tie the Red wings for best L10 in the league with 7-1-2.
- They've won their last 4 against Dallas, Columbus, (in the shootout) Colorado, and Calgary.
- There are a lot of comparisons made between the two teams coming out of a slump with a bunch of young players to contend for the playoffs.
- Joe Sakic is the featured article on Wikipedia today.
- This is the first of 4 games against other Original 6 teams: @Chicago, vHabs, @Rags, @Leafs. We play the Wings the saturday after thanksgiving, meaning we play all 5 other Original 6 teams in the month of November.
- Our hockey-reference contest is running until December 1st, when voting will occur. Your message could be on the page of Marc Savard, Phil Kessel, Bruins 09, Stephane Yelle at hockey-reference.com.
- The bruins are third on TSN and ESPN rankings, especially when they finally did get around to updating them.
- Stanley Cup of Chowder runs down the Corsi Numbers of leaders, losers, and middle-folks to date.
- Boston.com is worried about tonight and tomorrow - and so am I.
- The Bruins have not won an OT game against Chicago since 1934.
- The Bear Cave: Discusses the Blackhawks.
- Stanley Cup of Chowder: Points out the big question - can the Bs shut down the hawks' offense? (Bonus: watch Kane cry!)
- HubHockey: Reminds us that Huet used to be a Hab.
- WickedBruinsFan: Says Bulin Wall vs. Thomas in net.
- bruins.nhl.com: Preview | GameDay | Notes (pdf)
- Boston.com: thumbnails.
- As usual, anything not here when I post should show up to your left.
Tim Thomas Campaign HQ:
Bruins.nhl.com tells you to vote for the three on the ballot, but quickly mentions the write-in option. They don't have an actual article, though.
as of 12:21pm today. If only Thomas was on the ballot, a text of BRUINS to the texting number would add him, too.
Gary Bettman tackled Thomas and other players being left off the ballot on the NHL hour last week. He said that cutting down the number of players on the ballot "adds realism." If anybody wonders why he's nearly universally hated, you're not paying attention.
The whole thing is laughably geared towards having an all-habs starting lineup. Whatever, we can beat them. Heck, even Eklund is joining the campaign that HubHockey and I started last week. Oh, but of course he says he's "starting" it now. We all know Eklund is a joke. Whatever gets more votes, in my opinion, is good.
Phil Kessel is currently beating Alex Ovechkin. He's also on his 139th game for the team iron man streak. The last game he missed was for CANCER.
If this didn't happen:
Bobby Orr would have become part-owner of the Bruins. I hate his agent.