So all of boston wants his head, or for him to retire, or some other tired bullshit. Here's the deal with Manny:
He's a very good goalie. He's coming back from injury. He's only losing games by one goal.
Taking a look at the last 5 games Manny played, we've got:
- PHI@BOS: 3-4 overtime loss. The winning goal was a deflection off Andrew Ference's skate.
- BOS@NAS: 2-3 shootout loss. Wheeler was the only bruin to score in the 4-round shootout.
- BOS@TBL: 3-4 regulation loss. Kari Ramo made 40 saves, Manny made 14.
- PHI@BOS: 2-4 regulation loss. Terrible game for the Bruins as a whole. Manny
- BOS@NYR: 4-3 regulation loss. Terrible game for Manny.
And even with all of those, Manny is still a good goalie and needs to play his way back to early-season form:
- He's 11th in Points/game of goalies that have more than 5 games played right now.
- He's 9th in GAA with 2.39
- He's 15th in save percentage with .915
- He beats or ties "King" Henrik Lundqvist in all of these categories.