Mar 21, 2009 3:00 PM ET
Radio: WBZ 1030 AM
vs. New Jersey Devils (47-21-3)
This is it. This is a big game. This is the big game. This is the biggest game of the rest of the regular season. The only thing that comes within a sneeze is vs. MTL.
- Brodeur is the winningest goalie ever in the NHL. He's chasing a shutout record and playing some lights-out hockey. Of the 10 games he's played since coming back from injury, he's lost one.
- Brodeur lost to the Islanders. He let in 6 goals.
- The Devils forwards are also pretty good. Parise, Langenbrunner, Elias...they're all pretty good. Patrick Elias has twitter.
- The Bruins clinched last night. They practiced yesterday.
1-1-1 vs. NJD. 2-game losing streak.
- Game 34: Bruins 2 NJD 0 Win: Lucic scores one and Krejci gets the empty netter in New Jersey.
- Game 49: Bruins 3 NJD 4 OT Loss: The third period started 2-0, only to have Patrice Bergeron play the part of Brilliant Beam of Light, Savard shows off his accurate shot goods, and Wideman blasts one in. The Bruins give
- Game 56: Bruins 0 NJD 1: The one goal was awrister from the bluelineand it looks like
- Cameron Frye: "If the B's win today - I'll buy them their stupid burritos!"
- Stanley Cup of Chowder: "Only X points (between 3 and 5 depending on the outcome of Friday night's game between the Devils and Wild) separate the Bruins and Devils in the Eastern Conference standings so this is a HUGE game for both teams."
- In Lou We Trust: "Shanahan, who made the trip up to Boston, is questionable for today. "
- The Bear Cave: "Despite a 1-1-1 record, Tim Thomas has been extremely solid between the pipes for the Bruins. The 34-year old has stopped 68 of 73 shots in the season series, giving him a .932 save percentage."
- NESN First Shift: "Forward Zach Parise is having a Hart Trophy-caliber season, leading the Devils with 41 goals and 87 points."
- Globe Thumbnails
- bruins.nhl.com: Preview | Game Notes (pdf)