Mar 12, 2009 7:00 PM ET
Radio: WBZ 1030
vs. Ottawa Senators (27-29-10)
- Bruins are still slumping. Dammit.
- Everyone except THE GERMAN (remember him?) is healthy for tonight, even though Kessel and Krejci sat out of practice on wednesday. Maybe they'll get benched? Worked last year.
- SensHOBO: "They won’t make the playoffs, nor will they draft Tavares or Hedman."
- Jack Edwards has a pain in his gut: "If you pulled that crap on the kids in my neighborhood, you wouldn’t even get picked the next game. Nobody would have wanted you on his team. You could sit and think about being such a dink." Get well soon, Jack!
- Tim Thomas is going to start having a backup cage around so he doesn't have to wear Manny's mask: "It's a mask, and I don't wear a mask," said Thomas. "They're hot, you can't hear, and you can't breathe . . . otherwise, they're OK."
- Puck Daddy notices how the Bruins are doing.
- Shawn Thornton talks about the GMs proposal on fighting in the NHL.
- P.J.'s P.J. drive nets 12,000 P.J.s for kids. He's also a stud PKer.
- On a relatively unrelated note, apparently Lundqvist was puking in between periods of the Sunday game.
- Byron Bitz did an online chat. He listens to "90% country, the only time I don't listen to country is before a game, then it's all rock... Nickelback, Metallica, Linkin Park to name a few"
- Milan Lucic is one of the Bruins named to the Pruins clear day roster.
- Krejci, Kessel in, Yelle still out.
- Sens Army Blog is the creator of the No Habs No campaign.
- Stanley Cup of Chowder: "Will we see celebrity puck bunnies Carrie Underwood and Hillary Duff at the game? Apparently this is the most interesting story about the Sens this season. In other news, NHL.com has turned into Us Weekly."
- Cameron Frye: "I've been debating back and forth about what to say about the Bruins, but words cannot describe the utter and complete disappointment I feel while watching them. I don't get it."
- HubHockey: Takes time out of the March Meltdown Bruins Ice Girls contest to say "Please don't lose again. If this was my birthday and I was blowing out the candles on my cake I would wish for a Bruins win tonight." I think we all can agree on that.
- The Bear Cave: "Manny Fernandez has gotten the nod in the other two tilts, going 2-0, while making 47 saves on 53 shots. Both of Fernandez's victories came at the expense of Martin Gerber, who was recently claimed off of waivers by the Toronto Maple Leafs."
- Matt Kalman: "The Bruins have to find a way to light the lamp more consistently to prove that general manager Peter Chiarelli didn’t under-reach when he failed to add a big-time scorer at the trade deadline."
- NESN First Shift: "the Senators come into this game off a 3-2 overtime win over Tampa Bay last night and winners of four straight games, and playing their best hockey of the season."
- Papers thumbs: Globe | Herald
- bruins.nhl.com: Preview | Game Notes