- This is the first of six home games in a row.
- An Astronaut is going to drop the puck. THAT PUCK WAS IN SPACE!
- They made Jack Edwards bingo OFFICIAL!
- The Bruins could drop out of first during this homestand if they play poorly enough and NJ and WAS play well.
- But that doesn't matter tonight.
- Tonight is the Florida Panthers, who the Bruins got shut out by on Saturday.
- The Florida panthers that the Bruins had handily beaten each other time they had played.
- The Florida Panthers that throw rats on the ice.
- The Florida Panthers that are on a tear since new year's. They are sick of losing.
- The 7-3-0 Florida Panthers.
- Ryder is back, and the angels are singing.
- Anderson and Vokoun are still excellent goalies. We'll see Anderson tonight, and Thomas.
- I still miss Sturm too, Fluto.
- In case you hadn't noticed, the Bruins are playing better this year than last.
- The Panthers are the last team featured in Puck Money's "Playing Below Capacity" series.
- Game 20: Bruins win 4-2 to take the top spot in the Conference on "slapshot night" at the Garden.
- Game 26: Bruins win 4-0 "We could have been out there for three days and still not scored."- Peter DeBoer
- Game 59: Bruins lose 2-0 in Florida after having a few too many days in the sun. Brick looks like a carrot on the TV. Jack Edwards doesn't go outside, he'd get too excited.
- Cameron Frye: Prediction: "B's win 4-2, 3 fights and Jack Edwards is going mention at least once that the B's are skinning the Panthers alive."
- HubHockey: "The B's need to go for the jugular tonight if they want to win, and yes I went there."
- Stanley Cup of Chowder: "It looks like the Panthers might not be moving Jay Bouwmeester afterall. The Panthers are selling "Panthers Promise" ticket packages that include a playoff guarantee. That doesn't sound like a team that is going to be a seller at the deadline." Will have an open thread, as will...
- Litter Box Cats:
- The Bear Cave: "The other reason for a strong start is Tomas Vokoun. The 32-year old blanked Boston on Saturday, meaning he will be entering this game with plenty of confidence. If the Bruins can get one or two past him early, the confidence could turn to doubt. Even if the game remains scoreless, Boston will want to test the Florida netminder, seeing how he is coming off of the flu."
- Matt Kalman: "Florida is just a really tough match-up for the Bruins right now. But Boston can neutralize some of that with a stronger forecheck and more efficient special teams."
- NESN First Shift: "After beating the Bruins 2-0 on Saturday, Florida is 7-3-0 in their last ten games and 14-5-3 since the New Year. The currently seventh-seeded Panthers are looking to make the playoffs for the first time since 2000."
- Newspaper thumbs: Globe | Herald
- Bruins Blog: Lines | Moves
- bruins.nhl.com: Preview | Game Notes (pdf)
So it begins.