Well, that's certainly a relief. Claude Julien's 200th career coaching win was tied into the Bruins 40th season win. When milestones like this come up, sometimes that last one can be elusive. Can't say I'm against the 2 points, and it was accomplished in such style.
After the endless ceremony, the game started around 7:40 PM, only 40 minutes later than the normal time.
- That's 2 PPG, 2 SHG, and the game winner was even-strength.
- If there were a No Canes No campaign, Shane Hnidy would be getting some fan mail.
- The Bruins have the day off today, either going deep-sea fishing or golfing.
- After the game, there was a show on Tim Thomas. An inspiring story, to be sure.
Some other crap that has nothing to do with last night's AWESOME GAME:
- They found the Kings' playoff chances! (ok, this would have been even better if Detroit played the kings recently)
- I got featured in the Puck Daddy create-a-card photoshop contest Gallery 5!
- It's that time of year again: The Forechecker creates a statistically-based rumor mill. Inspired by the fine folks at hockeybuzzhogwash.com.