- The Bruins take the longest losing streak of the year into this game. Expect sawdust.
- This could just as easily be the game where they turn it all around as the next game in a series of crap games.
- Carolina is without Justin Williams, who just came back from injury and got hurt again.
- Good news for the Bruins powerplay: Carolina takes the fewest penalties in the league.
- It's Glen Wesley number retirement night. He was the only guy left from the Whalers on the Canes cup team. Last time a team retired a number with the Bruins in attendance, the Bruins won on Patrick Roy night. Stay in the locker room, guys.
- The Instigators: Trading for Pronger?
- Great Hockey Moments as told through Twitter.
- The fine folks over at The Illegal Curve asked me to write up a trade deadline preview for them. Their page is here. You've gotta scroll down to get to what I wrote.
- Ryder is already practicing, but only in non-contact ways. "Crushed like an eggshell" is not a way I ever want to describe any part of my body.
- Kessel and Wheeler got switched in practice. Wheeler-Savard-Lucic, anyone? Will there be significant chemistry losses with the Wheeler-Krejci tandem broken up for the first time all year (pretty much)? Tune in next week. Same bat time, same bat chan- oh wait, the game's tonight.
- Caveman Strong: Wants the Bruins to play more like...well, cavemen. Obviously forgets Lucic's goal against the habs when Laraque was following him all game.
- From the (e4) department: SCoC says the Bruins are getting ready to give up Sobotka and Lashoff for Erik Cole from Edmonton.
- Everybody hates Philly for a reason.
- 25 years ago, it was the beginning of the end. But if Blades wants to guest blog, I'm all over it.
- I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this game.
- Game 32: Kessel extends his point streak to 17, Bruins win 4-2, Patrice slams his head into a Hurricane but skates off the ice rather than leave by stretcher. He's getting back into his game again.
- Game 35: Bruins win 4-2 on the strength of 2 Blake Wheeler goals and Michael Ryder's snipe.
- Game 42: Bruins win 5-1. My recap starts off with "That's more like it. What a wonderful game." Hopefully the 'canes can do the same thing again. Byron Bitz's first game, he got an assist. Matt Hunwick fought Justin Williams, knocked him over with his first punch.
- Kynch's Korner: Ok, more trade stuff than game preview stuff. If I had to pick out a highlight, I'd just be copying and pasting the whole thing.
- Hub Hockey: "The season series has brought some great games between these two teams, including two 4-2 Bruins wins at the Garden and a 5-1 blowout in Carolina. This is just the type of thing this team needs to get themselves out of this slump."
- Stanley Cup of Chowder: "So far this year, the Bruins have sat through ceremonies to honor the Canadiens 100th season, Keith Magnuson & Pierre Pilote, Patrick Roy, and Ace Bailey"
- The Bear Cave: "The Bruins have been able to use both of their starting goaltenders in the season series. Manny Fernandez made 32 saves on 34 shots in the first meeting, before Tim Thomas made 29 saves in each of the next two contests. The two have combined to go 3-0 against Carolina, allowing just five goals on 95 shots. Cam Ward has gotten the starting nod in all three tilts for the Hurricanes, going 0-3 with an .868 save percentage."
- Matt Kalman: "It’s time to find that second wind, get back to basics and maybe mix in a new twist or two in the opponents’ zone. If the Bruins don’t do that, what was once a runaway in the overall standings could become a race — one the Bruins would rather not have to run."
- NESN First Shift: "The Bruins will be looking for the season sweep against Carolina tonight." Thanks, NESN.
- Just-the-facts preview: boston.com
- bruins.nhl.com: Preview | Game Notes (pdf)
I've got a bad feeling about this.